Remote Product Photography UK
Remote product photography is a new service I offer whereby using Zoom its possible to art direct a shoot in real time from the comfort and safety of your own office.
How it works on the remote shoot day
I send you a link to join a Zoom meeting, I share my computer screen and audio, you share your audio only. (You can't see the studio and I can't see you)
My camera is wired into my computer, each frame I shoot appears in real time on screen displayed in my capture software.
The capture software allows me to name the files, crop, adjust the exposure and colour. It will look like the image above.
We both watch my image capture screen, talking through each shot to discuss composition etc. There is a curser so I can point to items using this.
Attend as much or as little of the shoot as you like, we agree a time for lunch to synchronise our days.
When sending your brief choose between option 4 and 5 listed below for attending your remote shoot.
Just to note, a digital watermark of my name will be displayed on low res images that are emailed during the shoot.
Above is a short video to demonstrate how a shoot would work.
Let me know if you have any questions or would like a quick demo of how remote product photography could work for you.
Image approval option
There are a few options to ensure you are as much a part of the shoot as required.
1. Attend the shoot in person.
2. Using your brief and mood-board I work through your shot list and send you a retouched watermarked contact-sheet after the shoot. A send and shoot service.
3. Receive emails throughout the day containing each prepared image for you to approve before I move onto the next image. This method is appropriate for highly styled images when shooting 8 images per day. Extra time is allocated in the quote to allow for this process. It's best to schedule a day in your diary when you are readily available.
4. A remote Zoom shoot, receive a zoom link to the shoot but only be alerted when an image is ready for discussion. See the images arrive in my capture software as I share my screen with you, communicate via your audio only. This method is appropriate for highly styled images when shooting 8 images per day. Extra time is allocated in the quote to allow for this process. It's best to schedule a day in your diary when you are readily available.
5. Remote Zoom shoot, Art direct the shoot remotely in real time throughout the day.