Virtual photo shoot
I understand that product photography is vitally important to your brand, plus a photoshoot is a big investment. After creating your brand identity and making a shot list you may not be able to attend the shoot yourself. Take away the uncertainty by attending it virtually! A virtual photoshoot is a new service I offer whereby using Zoom it's possible to art direct a photoshoot in real time from the comfort of your own office. Perfect for eCommerce and lifestyle product photography, you can attend as much or as little of the photo shoot as you like. Read on to find out how to do an online virtual photo shoot.
How to do an online virtual photoshoot
I send you a link to join a Zoom meeting, I share my computer screen and audio, you share your audio only. (You can't see the studio and I can't see you)
My camera is wired into my computer, each frame I shoot appears in real time on screen displayed in my capture software.
The capture software allows me to name the files, crop, adjust the exposure and colour. It will look like the image above.
We both watch my image capture screen, talking through each shot to discuss composition etc. There is a curser so I can point to items using this.
Attend as much or as little of the shoot as you like, we agree a time for lunch to synchronise our days.
When sending your brief choose between option 4 and 5 listed below for attending your remote photo shoot.
Just to note, a digital watermark of my name will be displayed on low res images that are emailed during the shoot.
Above is a short video to demonstrate how a shoot would work.
Let me know if you have any questions or would like a quick demo of how remote product photography could work for you.
Online product photography image approval options
There are a few options to ensure you are as much a part of the photo shoot as required.
1. Attend the shoot in person.
2. A send and shoot service. Using your brief and mood-board I work through your shot list and send you a retouched watermarked contact-sheet after the shoot.
3. Email approval. Receive emails throughout the day containing each prepared image for you to approve before I move onto the next image. This method is appropriate for highly styled images when shooting 8 images per day. Extra time is allocated in the quote to allow for this process. It's best to schedule a day in your diary when you are readily available.
4. A virtual photoshoot email. Receive a zoom link to the shoot but only be alerted when an image is ready for discussion. See the images arrive in my capture software as I share my screen with you, communicate via your audio only. This method is appropriate for highly styled images when shooting 8 images per day. Extra time is allocated in the quote to allow for this process. It's best to schedule a day in your diary when you are readily available.
5. Virtual photoshoot. Art direct the shoot remotely in real time throughout the day.